Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Accountability: Investigations 60% To undertake investigations into suspicions of fraudulent, criminal and security activities reported by Non Financial Risk. Provide an independent report for management to assist the disciplinary process and represent the bank in any related police and court proceedings;
Provide expertise and intelligence on fraud prevention, related risk management information and controls;
Liaise and work with law enforcement agencies, professionals and commercial organizations in this field of expertise
Develop training and fraud awareness courses, workshops, brochures and other material to alert employees as to the Bank’s policy on fraud on how to detect, investigate and report on fraud.
Develop, implement and maintain the ongoing discipline and diligence of a Fraud Prevention Program based on policy and country trends.
Provide and manage overall training and coaching plans to the business to ensure early fraud detection and safety measures are being applied and adhered to at all times.
Accountability: Security 20% • To help manage the overall Security/safety operations.
• To provide advice and support to management on issues of physical security, electronic access control, CCTV and other security related resources, review the installation and operation of installed security systems.
• Directly supervise assessment and selection and screening of new branches/premises to ensure Security, fire, life and safety measures are being supported as per global security standards.
• To be part of the selection committee for contracted Security Guards/supervisors.
Accountability: Business Management 20% To help all Area Security Supervisors and/or Manage Security Guards.
Technical skills / Competencies
• Experience in high crime areas
• Target Oriented.
• Undercover experience.
• Information and evidence Gathering.
• Training Officers.
• Analyzing information
• Presentation skills.
• Regulatory and CBE rules awareness
• Interviewing and Investigation techniques(at least 12 years).
• Strong awareness of testimony, judiciary system and public funds law.
• Multinational or international exposure.
P:Process Management (PM)
U:Analytical Ability (AA)
A:Leveraging Technology (LT)
A:Understanding Operational Risk (UOR)
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
• Excellent Investigations and interviewing techniques.(at least 12 years experience )
• Security Equipments knowledge.
• Law /security high degrees.
• Police background